It's that time of year again. The days are getting shorter and it's so chilly at night Timmy has to cuddle up with the server for warmth. But at least we have the 31st to look forward to.
Needless to say, we do Halloween up right: ridiculously detailed costumes, lots of candy-nomming, and this year we're going to try our hand at slaughtering pumpkins. But what to carve?
Which is why we're presenting our First Perhaps Annual but Let us Settle for 2009 Geeky Pumpkin Template Design Contest Extravaganza. Here's the deal:
- You design* a geeky pumpkin template (PDF, Flickr upload, JPEG on your blog, scan embedded in Google doc, whatever) designed to be printed out onto 8.5x11" piece of paper. We only want your template, not something you bought from a site. Or stole from a child. That's rude.
- Describe your template and link to it in the comments attached to this blog post by October 29, 2009 at 12 midnight EDT. You can submit more than one template, but don't go crazy.
- Meanwhile, we'll carve our pumpkins and Timmy will judge your templates. (Warning: He will not be accepting bribes this time.)
- Contest winners will be announced during our October 30th Halloween Live Stream Monster Bash and Costume Contest (time TBD). Hurrah!
* Non-artists, please don't fret: we won't be awarding prizes based on your command of vector illustration tools. Do be clever, though!
** There's always fine print. Here is ours.
Prizes will include fame as well as:
- 1st place: $100 gift certificate + Tauntaun Sleeping bag (FOR REAL, IT EXISTS), Zombie Shooting Gallery, Eviltron, Dismember Me Plush Zombie
- 2nd place: $50 gift certificate + Eviltron, Dismember Me Plush Zombie
- 3rd place: $25 gift certificate + Eviltron, Dismember Me Plush Zombie
Some really clever templates so far:
To get those creative, pumpkiny juices flowing, check out these masterpieces:
A NOTE ON THE COMMENT ENTRY SYSTEMTRON 3400XS: We're moderating the submissions, so you won't see your entry posted immediately. Please take a deep breath and get a cookie because it will appear once we decide you are not an evil robot with laser eyes. Also, you'll need to create a username so we'll know where to send the prizes.