A harried fan wrote in to ask where he could find geeky wedding bands for him and his beloved. We pillaged some of our trustworthy resources, such as Slashdot (hi, Sis!), Geek Sugar, and Boing Boing as a starting point to put together this list of our favorites. You should find something that's right for you two whether your connection is Cat 5, USB, or simple animal.... er, mineral... magnetism.
- Jacked--Cat 5 Compliant Wedding Set
- Eternal Love (USB)
- Stick with Me (Magnetic)
- Binary Band (20 character message)
- Intimate Bond (Peptides)
- Hand-Engraved Tengwar Bands (no longer active)
- Armillary Sphere Ring
- Bone Cell Rings
- Pulse Ring (Custom EKG Engraving)
1) Some of these were created explicitly as part of a project or exhibition. The creator may not be making more, but if you love it, it can't hurt make contact.
2) Etsy is a great resource for hooking up with independent jewelers and finding creative alternatives to the mainstream.
3) If you want to make your own ring literally, check out Wedding Ring Workshop which we found via Offbeat Bride.
Do you have a great geeky wedding ring? Post it.